Veneers in Vancouver
What is a Dental Veneer?
A dental veneer is a prosthetic device that will help you achieve the smile of your dreams. If you struggle with discolouration, gaps, decay, crookedness, or chipped or misshapen teeth, a dental veneer can improve the front surface of your tooth's appearance. A wafer thin and tooth-coloured shell, traditional veneers are attached to the front of the tooth to give it a bright, classically shaped look.
Teeth veneers are made to suit each individual smile. Before making dental veneers, our team will help you choose the perfect shape and colour to give you the best results possible. As your go-to dental clinic on Fraser Street, we offer both porcelain veneers and resin-based composite veneers. Each type of dental veneer has its own advantages; therefore, the best solution depends on your budget, needs, and preferences. To learn more about getting veneers in Vancouver, reach out to your trusted dentist on Fraser Street.
What Is the Process for Getting Veneers?
The procedure for dental veneers in Vancouver typically requires two visits. During your first visit with our dentist on Fraser Street, your teeth and gums will be examined to determine which type of veneers are best for you. The processes will differ depending on the type of dental veneer you choose – resin-based composite or porcelain veneers.
Porcelain veneers are strong, long-lasting, and have a very natural appearance. Offering superior stain-resistance, porcelain veneers typically remain their original colour and can last for upwards of 20 years. If you decide that porcelain veneers are the way to go, your dentist on Fraser Street will take the following steps:
- To prepare your teeth for dental veneers, your dentist will remove a small portion of enamel from the front and sides of your teeth.
- Following this, you and your dentist will decide which shade of dental veneer is best suited to your smile.
- As porcelain veneers are custom-made, your dentist will take impressions of your teeth and send these to a dental lab. The porcelain veneers can take several days to create; therefore, your dentist may place temporary dental veneers over your teeth until your next appointment.
- At your next visit to our dental clinic on Fraser Street, the porcelain veneers will be placed on your teeth to check the fit and shape. Following any minor adjustments, your dentist will clean your teeth and bond the dental veneer to each tooth.
Composite-resin veneers in Vancouver are another popular choice and are less expensive than porcelain. Additionally, this type of dental veneer can often be placed in one easy visit to your dentist on Fraser Street. While composite-resin veneers are not as strong or stain-resistant as porcelain veneers, they are easily fixed should they get damaged or need replacing. The process for applying composite-resin dental veneers is as follows:
- This type of dental veneer typically requires less enamel removal so your dentist will examine your teeth to determine what type of preparation is needed.
- After your teeth are prepared, shaped, and cleaned, the composite material is carefully bonded and sculpted to each tooth in a colour best suited for you.
- To harden the composite, a special light is used to fully bond the dental veneer to your teeth.
- The dental veneers are polished and smoothed to give a natural appearance to your smile.
What is the Average Cost of Dental Veneers in Vancouver?
If you’re wondering how much veneers cost in Vancouver, the answer depends on several factors. Teeth veneers can be manufactured using porcelain or a composite resin material. While our dental clinic on Fraser Street offers both options, we prefer porcelain for its long-lasting, high-quality results that resist discolouration. Ranging between $900 to $3,000 per tooth, porcelain veneers are more expensive than composite, costing between $300 to $1,500 per tooth. While a porcelain veneer is initially more expensive, it can last for more than 20 years, whereas its composite counterpart has a lifetime of 5 to 7 years.
Here's what determines how much your veneers cost in Vancouver:
- The initial dental veneer consultation fee
- The design and manufacturing of the dental veneers
- The restorative procedure of installing the veneers in your mouth, including dental sedation and necessary after-care
Another factor affecting how much veneers cost in Vancouver is the number of teeth you have treated, the type of insurance coverage you have, and the location you choose to have them fitted. Our dental clinic on Fraser Street believes in providing high-quality results at competitive prices. We know how much dental veneers can improve your confidence; therefore, to make the veneers cost in Vancouver more affordable, please ask us about our payment plans.
How Long Do Veneers Last?
With reasonable precautions and proper daily care, dental veneers can last anywhere between 5 to 20+ years. Like natural teeth, dental veneers have similar strengths and weaknesses. To optimize your experience, you should care for your dental veneers in the same way.
While you can continue eating as you normally would, it’s important to exercise certain precautions to improve the longevity of your dental veneers. Porcelain veneers, while incredibly strong and durable, are made from a form of glass and can be damaged with excessive amounts of pressure.
Therefore, with both composite resin and porcelain veneers, you should avoid biting your fingernails, prying a bottle cap open with your teeth, night-grinding, and other damaging habits. If you take good care of your veneers in Vancouver, you’ll be pleased with how long they can last.
Taking Care of Your Veneers in Vancouver
With proper care and good oral hygiene, you can reduce the risk of damage to your dental veneers. Like your natural teeth, dental veneers are not indestructible and may chip, loosen, crack, or fall out over time. Fortunately, your dentist on Fraser Street can easily restore or replace your dental veneers should issues arise.
To avoid damage to your dental veneers, we recommend avoiding certain hard or chewy foods following the placement of your veneers. Additionally, as your dental clinic on Fraser Street would recommend for any tooth – veneer or natural – daily brushing and flossing will improve the health and appearance of your smile.
If you searched "dental veneers Vancouver," it's no accident that you found us. We are trusted providers of composite veneers and porcelain dental veneers; both of which combat the appearance of discoloured teeth and worn teeth to help you get the perfect smile.
Our team of cosmetic dentists can give you the smile makeover you deserve.
We warmly welcome new patients to our office and do our best to schedule emergency appointments within 24 hours of your call. Give us a call or send us an email if you have any questions or to book an appointment!
- They are very friendly and patient, the charges are very reasonable and I would recommend it to friends. I have to say thank you to all the dentists and assistants who work there.
- Weird to say this, but this is the first time I'm enjoying my time at a dentist! Everyone makes our visit such an enjoyable experience.They may not put a big lightbox signage (aka gimmicks) in front of their office but once you're inside, you'll know that they'll take care of you professionally and with diligent care. Thanks to Dr. Kalirai and the whole team. I'm coming back again next week! Lol! Thanks, really.
This is our new local dentist, and we absolutely love this place. They're very patient and friendly, and great with our kids. Would highly recommend!
Thanks to Dr. Aman Kalirai did a very good job on my tooth I was there in the Vancouver dental clinic for a root canal and crown procedure. It was a great experience with Dr. Kalirai and his team. I have no problem till now. I wish him good luck for the future and wish him great success. 👍
Kind and helpful staff. Great Dentist.
Amazing dental clinic in Vancouver. Professional staff and experienced dentists.
Dr. Aman Kalirai | DMD
Dr. Kalirai, DMD, was born in Prince George, British Columbia before moving to Vancouver in 1994 to attend the University of British Columbia. He was accepted into the UBC School of dentistry immediately following his BSC.
Dr. Kalirai enjoys playing tennis, working out, Tae-Kwon-Do, and spending quality time with his wife Lisa, and 2 daughters. He continues to be involved in Tae-Kwon-Do after receiving his black belt at age 16 and winning 2 gold medals in a row at the provincial and national levels.
Request an Appointment
Fraser Point Dental
Address: 6325 Fraser Street #208, Vancouver, BC V5W 3A3, Canada
Phone: (604) 327-4406
Tuesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM – 5 PM
Thursday: 9 AM – 6 PM
Friday: 9 AM – 5 PM
Saturday: 9 AM – 5 PM